Basic ingredients: water, flour, yeast and salt.
(i) The yeast is not mixed directly with the salt. No sugar is needed. The simpler the recipe the better the bread.
- 1kg of wheat flour in a glass bowl.
- Make a hole in the middle of the flour.
- Cut a little (half a finger) fresh yeast (not powdered) and dissolve well with water.
- Mix the liquid yeast with the wheat.
- Add some salt.
- Knead all the dough that turns flour into a dough.
- Let the dough rest for about 2-3 hours. (depending on your climate)
- With the dough the bread forms are prepared .
- Enter with the loaves in the oven. Keep an eye on how the loaves change with the oven temperature. Remove the loaves from the oven when they change color. And before they burn 🙂
Important that they have a high quality and organic wheat flour. In recent weeks we have made bread with organic Schullo wheat flour in Ecuador.
Bread is a staple food that almost all people, if not all, consume daily. If we eat a certain food every day, why not make it as healthy and good as possible?
To make bread it is much better to use “natural” yeasts. Baker’s yeasts are live ferments, microorganisms present in nature. Yeasts are actually microscopic fungi, mostly unicellular, encompassing more than 1500 different species.